Friday, October 15, 2010

Inner Thoughts

Driving across this bridge. I can’t see the other side. If this bridge is how bridges are supposed to be, then there is an end on the other side, right? So I keep driving. And driving. And driving. Then I start to question myself. I’ve been driving for a long time when will I reach the other side? Well, I’ve come too far to turn back now. If I turn back, I will have waste so much time. I might as well keep on going as long as I have gas. So, I keep driving because now I’m curious. I want to know what’s on the other side. I HAVE to get there. I’m still on the bridge. My gas light comes on. Here’s my sign. I should turn back or maybe just a little longer. Breaking point. Decisions. What to do?
If I keep going, I may make it to the other side. If I turn around, I may not make it back to the point where I started. So, I keep going and I run out of gas. Damn. I was warned. Didn’t take heed. Not the best judgment call. Now I’m stuck. Take action or remain passive....
Take action or remain passive because I know we’ve been talking for so long and I feel like this road has to lead somewhere. Anywhere. Or think with my head and not my heart. I know how it was like BEFORE the journey started. I sure I can get back to that point and start anew because I’ve learned a powerful lesson. Signs are meant to tell you something. I just have to stop, look, and listen. Ignoring the signs are only detrimental to me. Not to mention the signs that aren't there can mean almost as much as the ones that are. So I have to pay better attention, but now that I've surpassed that point. The signs told me everything I needed to know. I just didn't listen. So what do I do? Make the decision for me or make the decision for you

No comments:

Post a Comment