Monday, March 29, 2010

The Blind Leading The Blind

Remembering back to those days when I was oh so young and dumb. When all of my dumb decisions were justifiable in my own eyes and never disputed by the ones around me. Now, with better decisions and better friends, I laugh at myself. How could I have been so dumb to think that a) this decision was even remotely right and b) my friends that were doing the same dumb shit as me had the best advice. That’s not to say my friends were bad friends, they just didn’t know any better themselves. Now, my friends can no longer say they don’t know better and neither can I. I guess that comes with growing up and some just grow up faster than others. I mean really… did I believe that my friends were going to help me with my situation when their situation was no better than mine and maybe worse. It seems as though the purpose of asking for advice nowadays is to get someone to listen and agree with you. If that’s what you want, then buy a puppy or nod your head while talking to a mirror. Your friends should be there to provide a different aspect on the situation. And if you don’t take that opinion into consideration, they should be there to tell you “I told you so”. Real friends won’t let you look like a fool if they can help it. Real friends are not enablers. Real friends of such capacity are hard to find and even harder to identify. I would like to personally thank all my real friends for serving their purpose and never letting me down. I don’t have to worry about walking in a room or leaving one and becoming the laughter of the day or the disgust... now back to the topic lol... You can't learn any more from someone who is as oblivious to the situation as you are. So get out of line and stop playing follow the leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment