Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thou shalt not... continued

In my extra time... I thought I might completed my first official entry. So to continue...

5. Thou shalt not make excuses

He/she can do no wrong. Well, you won't let them do any wrong because you stay making excuses for their actions. "Yeah she didn't call me back like she said she would BUT she does have to work in the morning" or "We were supposed to go kick it BUT I know he was tired. I mean he did have practice today". As I stated before, people do what they want to do when they want to do it. I understand no one wants to look like the fool. However, when you make excuses for someone that isn’t making an excuse for themselves, you look desperate. And desperation can lead to insanity. You will mess around and start to drive yourself crazy justifying everything he or she does. It’s not a good look nor is it healthy.

6. Thou shalt not compare

I think the quickest turnoff is when you are compared to someone else in a negative manner. No one likes to be compared to anyone else ESPECIALLY if it is an ex. So whether it be directly or indirectly just don't do it. You saying "You ain't shit just like my ex" is equally as bad as saying "You just don't do what I'm used to" in reference to an ex. When you compare 2 people to make 1 feel inferior, you don't succeed in changing the situation. If anything, you make the situation worse and you will probably open up the “Well why don’t you go be with him/her them?” can of worms. So save your own feelings BEFORE they get hurt.

7. Thou shalt not try to change him/her

You can't change anyone. Period. If they want to change, then they will change. However, the change will be because they saw it beneficial and not because you warranted it. And it will not be a minute sooner than they wanted to do it. He is not Mr. Big and this is not SATC. The only thing you can change is yourself or your surroundings.

8. Thou shalt not think you are the exception

Deep down inside you know exactly what YOUR “ship” is. If you don’t have a title and you’ve been playing around with this guy or gal and you aren’t the only one. Chances are…. You ARE the rule and the rule is he/she is just not that into you LIKE THAT. That’s not to say that he or she doesn’t like you in some type of capacity. More than likely it’s probably physical tho. So, instead of making something out of nothing you need to make something out of something. If it’s not there, chances are it will never be there. Don’t take him calling you to have a chat as “Oh we must be getting somewhere” when in reality you weren’t the first person he called, the other person just didn’t pick up the phone. Take the sign that is in your face when he says “I‘ll hit you up when I get some time” for face value of “When all of my other options are exhausted, I’ll get at you”. You are the rule not the exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment