Saturday, March 27, 2010

For the love of the game or for the love of the players of the game?

Girls love for sports is rapidly on the rise. Or is it? Personally, I grew up watching football (My papaw used to play), basketball (I hooped a lil bit lol), and baseball (My granddaddy, dad, and brother played). So, I was exposed in my early tomboy years and my love for the game grew stronger and stronger everyday. Yes I was a tomboy. Hard to believe huh? I was watching the Cowboys when I didn’t know to pick better. Lol. I was watching the Tennessee Oilers when they first came to Tennessee. I was the biggest MJ fan you could imagine. I still have my jersey. I was also an Atlanta Braves fan and loved Chipper Jones. I collected and traded cards like it was nobody's business. So, I would say I have love for the game… more so for football than any other but I like the other ones also. However, it seems as though there are some masters of disguise walking around out here and it‘s an insult to us females who really know and love sports. Many girls say they have love for the game. Yet, it seems like the only thing that holds their attention during a football game is when #66 is on special teams or during a baseball game when #10 is pitching. I’m not saying it’s wrong to like athletes and I would be struck down by the good Lord above if I said I didn’t like athletes my damn self. And of course everyone has their favorite players but if those players were gone would you still feel the same way about sports as you do now? I can speak for my good friends and myself and tell you that all of us can go tit for tat with you on any given day about sports. And it’s because our passion is with the game. When our favorite player is gone, we are still there. When we’re up, we are there. When we’re down, we are there because we always have been. It just seems to me like a lot of girls start dating/screwing/crushing on these athletes and all of a sudden they want to claim they know the game when they didn‘t give a shit about it before. They start to sound like parrots repeating everything they hear on TV. Dicky V and Kirk Herbstreit are their best friends yet they think an “audible” and an audit are synonymous. Shoutout to the laughs of OP training. My point is if you love then game then you love the game and it will show. If you love the players, stop pretending like you love the game. That’s just an insult to us who really do and you won't be able to keep up with us. I can promise you that. Now if you love the players AND the game, that’s another blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment